Wednesday, February 20, 2013

O'er and within




So that gesture, not music not odour, would be a universal language, the gift of tongues rendering visible not the lay sense but the first entelechy, the structural rhythm.

A cold change moved over my area, shook and rattled the house. In two hours the temp dropped some seven degrees. The wind picked up. Waves crashed and shattered the sand.

This is a cut up created by using prime numbers to appropriate certain words, to express the intangible. At random, more or less. The poem plundered was Eloisa to Abelard. A poem by Alexander Pope, published in 1717. There was no reason to choose this poem, the prime number 179 was drawn from a quick and dirty perl script. This corresponded to this poem in an old anthology of English poetry on my book shelf. The English Parnassus, first published in 1909.

Or put another way - the man who's head expanded meets Alexander Pope.



It is best to print this out and declaim while guitarists noodle and saxophonists blow. Repeating bits that take your fancy and adding or subtracting as required.

Curst dear of night
Exalts keen provoking
All remove me
Remove me all
Me all remove
    HEAR
View Charms
Chanting views
Veering charms
Phantom you me
    HEAR
Thee thee
There there
Hear hear
My one my love

O'er and within
Love soft illusions
Cool suspense stands
Check'd delight

Remove charms view
Chanting arms move
Mobile viewing charms
Eyes go skies
Find repose
Dread disapproves
Rise hear roll
Drown'd me fly
O'er prove drown'd
    Shine o'er
    Brings
    Moved
    Forgiven
    Mine...


this lovely lithograph of Beatrice & Dante by Dali (not one of my favourites), while not being exactly what I wanted was too nice to not use, and was found here.

No comments:

Vomitoria



Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator